Blog Archive

Friday, September 21, 2012

A Normal God given Friday

Bloggers!

God is most definitely at work in my life right now. (I mean I know He always is, but I can see it right now!)


First off, I have a ride to my first away from home, college Church service! So excited!!
So God is great for allowing that to happen for me.



Also, Today I met this amazing women, her name is Betty-Jean. She's the mother of one of the girls in my program, and today we (I and another friend) had the pleasure of riding in her vehicle.
Anyway, we heard from stories that Rhonda (Betty's daughter) has told us, that Betty has got this uncanny ability to tell you all about yourself from your birthday and looking at your astrological charts.

Everyone in the class was all like "tell me about me!!" myself included.

But as we were on our little road trip, we got to talking abut it more, and astrology, morphed (somehow) into being good people. Which in turn morphed into Jesus, and how if we lived like Him, this world would not be where it is. This then turned back to Astrology, and how she has gotten criticized for using, or even simply believing  in this stuff. Many Christians consider all that stuff to be "witchcraft" and "dark Magic."

She explained that how she sees it is; "God created the planets, everything. He created Astrology, and gave people the ability to understand it, and get to know His people more by using this tool He gave us."

I don't know about you guys, but that hits me. Because I have personally struggled with that specific thing even. It equates to saying that someone is not allowed to take antidepressants, because God should be all you need.

This is NOT true. If you have a chemical imbalance in your brain, you need help. yes, God does perform miracles, but maybe this medicine is his miracle.

Christianity, or even simply Faith alone, is not a medicine, not a cure. It is a way of life. People who are the strongest Christians ever, still die of Cancer, or other diseases. Their Faith was the most important thing to them, but Faith is not the thing that can physically cure you. Faith emotionally cures you.

Wow, I barely even know if that made any sense, sorry guys, just kinda needed to Blah that all out.

thanks for reading.

Love you all,
Hailee

No comments:

Post a Comment